Latviski / English

History of the building at Kliveru street 3 dates back to 1912, when a yellow brick barn - warehouse was built on the lot. In 1937 the barn was reconstructed and converted into two level joinery. The building thus acquired windows and furnished second level. In 1997 the house was converted into office building. This time the delicate brick façade was plastered and all the details of the historical industrial brick architecture were lost under thick layer of mortar. The building has lost also its original wooden window frames, several window openings have even been bricked up. 

More…

Gallery / Map
Office building reconstruction project
Riga, Klīveru street 3
Architects: Zaiga Gaile, Filips Pitens
Project: 2015 -